The Ministry Organization:
The Secretary General gives direction to the ministry and is supported by the Staff Bureau.
The ministry has one policy department: VROM that is responsible for preparation of policy and legislation and the supervision of the execution thereof.
The Ministry has 5 executive services:
1. New Projects
Ensures the realization of high quality level of diverse building, utility and civil engineering projects for St. Maarten.
2. Infrastructure Management
Is responsible for equipping en proactively managing the public areasin order to safeguard a good quality of the spatial surroundings in the interest ofthe public of St. Maarten.
3. Domain Affairs
Deals with all aspects of policy and administration in regard to land and real property in the broadest sense of the word. The department does this by rendering its service to internal and internal clients in a direct, clear and accurate manner.
Is focused on a professional, efficient and client friendly manner of processing and issuance of permits within the work-sphere of the ministry of VROMI.
Is responsible for the inspection and control of domain, building, (public) properties, environment and work safety to safeguard an environmentally safe, structured and safe living and work surroundings for the public.
The realization of an optimal living, working and recreational climate for Country St. Maarten through rendering service as efficient as possible to the benefitof the government, citizens and the community.
The mission of the ministry consist of care for the integrated infrastructure and management for the public area through preparation of policy, the enforcement and supervision thereof, in order to create an optimal living, working and recreational climate for the citizens of St. Maarten.
• To care for and coordinate the affairs of Country St. Maarten in the area of spatial development, public housing, environmental and nature management and the management of public areas and facilities, as well as the execution of the government responsibilities in these areas.
• To promote a balanced and spatial development.
• To promote the realization and management of the physical infrastructure and the related facilities.
• The management of the real property of the country and to support the government entities of the country therein.
• Policy advising in the areas of Public Housing, Spatial Planning, Environment and the care for the Infrastructure in the broadest sense;
• The care for civil technical works, public cemetaries, public areas, street- and traffic furnishings, street lighting and urban renewal;
• To care for spatial planning, environment and nature, domain and safety, management and management of land, buildings and properties of St. Maarten;
• To care for concerns in the area of underground infrastructure, drainage provisions, building-, utility- and civil technical and related projects.
• To care for effective policy in the area of solid and liquid waste, rent and land policy.
• To care for representation of St. Maarten in the area of VROMI, locally and internationally, the translation of international treaties into related policy and advising and supporting of the government organizations including within the Kingdom context herein;
• To care for the issuance of rent subsidy and the prevention of land speculations.