The Ministry of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Transport and Telecommunication (TEATT) continues its efforts with the Boardwalk Christmas Festival to launch the first edition Philipsburg Holiday Photo Contest to launch on January 7, 2020.
The purpose of the photo contest is to help promote and boost Philipsburg and promote it as well as the perfect backdrop for family photos and the preferred holiday destination to experience the holiday cheer.
The Honorable Minister Arrindell - Doncher supports this initiative and encourages locals and visitors alike to enter the photo contest by sharing pictures of their memorable time spent during the Boardwalk Christmas Festival with Christmas and New Year activities in Back Street, Front Street and on the Boardwalk.
Participants are requested to upload one entry per person to the official destination’s Facebook page “Vacation St. Maarten”
The winners will be awarded the following prizes:
1st Place: A weekend stay for two at Holland House Hotel (sponsored by Holland House Hotel)
2nd Place: 2 passes at the Rainforest Adventures Rockland Estate (sponsored by Rainforest Adventures Rockland Estate).
3rd Place: Surprise Dinner for two
2019 Philipsburg Holiday Photo Contest Entry Rules
1. No entry fee.
2. Contest open to amateurs, professionals, and children.
3. Photo taken during the Philipsburg Boardwalk Christmas Festival activities from December 23 to Jan. 1st
4. Photo location must be stated.
5. Only one photo submission per person.
6. No watermarks allowed. This detracts from the enjoyment of the image.
7. Photo must have a caption.
8. Photo must be submitted digitally to vacationstmaarten.com Facebook page by midnight on Tuesday, January 21st, 2020.
10. The winners will be announced by Wednesday, January 22nd, 2020.
11. By entering this contest, entrants are agreeing to grant the Ministry of Tourism the use of the submitted photo in displays related to the contest and in other printed and electronic publications related to this contest. This may include contest promotions in print and online. Credit will be given to the entrant.
12. By entering this contest, entrants are agreeing to have their name, the caption of their photo, and their photo location displayed on their work for public viewing.
13. Winners will be announced on the official “Vacation St. Maarten” Facebook page.