• Valid identification card or passport
• Both parents must be present
• Are you married? If yes, you cannot do this process.
• Are you unmarried? If yes, then you can do this process.
• Do you want to follow the Acknowledgement process?
• Why was the acknowledgement not done at the time of the birth?
• When did the birth occur?
• Is this your first child?
• Are there other children in this relationship?
• Do you already have children that were acknowledge?
• Are there minor children in the relationship?
• Do you want to follow the process for the change of name?
• What family name will you give your child?
• What is your address?
• Original legalized birth certificate if not registered at the Civil Registry Department
• Original legalized divorce certificate if not registered at the Civil Registry Department
• Original legalized death certificate if widowed and not registered at the Civil Registry Department
• Original Non-marital status certificate if not registered at the Civil Registry Department
• Correct spelling of names of child(ren), including commas, accents ect.
• Fee: NAF 90.00 to NAFL 250.00
• In some instances additional information may be requested from the informant in order to proceed with the acknowledgement
• Proof of family life must be established
Once family life has been determined, the Civil Registrar will begin the process for acknowledgement
and follow the five (5) easy steps to booking your appointment online for your respective services.