Are you going to move from your current address to new address (within Sint Maarten)? You are obligated by law to report this at the Civil Registry of Sint Maarten within 5 days.
What does this entail?
If you are moving, you need to report this within 5 days. To do such,  you will need proof of your new address. This could be a purchase deed, rental contract or a Landlord letter.  This is called  Proof of Occupancy (‘Bewijs van bewoning’). The Civil Registry Department CRD  will use this information to update your details in the Population Registry.
The following persons are allowed to report a change of address:
  • Any person aged 16 or older;
  • Cohabiting spouses/registered partners, on behalf of each other (provided that spouses and partners move from the old to the new address together);
  • The parent, guardian or caretaker, on behalf of minors;
  • The parents, on behalf of their adult children living at home (provided that the parents and the children living at home move from the old to the new address together);
  • Adult children, on behalf of their parent(s) living with them (provided that the adult child and parent(s) move from the old to the new address together);
  • A guardian, on behalf of a person who has been placed under guardianship;
  • An authorized person, with a  signed letter of consent signed  a copy of  identification.
What are the conditions?
  • You must be able to identify your self
  • You must report your change of address within 5 days.
  • You must be able to show that you have a valid address in Sint Maarten. This could be proved by presenting  a purchase deed, a rental contract , a Landlord letter (with copy of identification) or a GEBE bill with your name.
What is needed?
  • Valid identity documents and proof of occupancy (GEBE Bill, Landlord Letter,  purchase deed, a rental contract)
  • In writing: a copy of your proof of identity, your proof of occupancy and a completed change of address from signed by your person.

The Civil Registry Department  will verify the authenticity of your identity documents.

What is the cost?
This service is provided free of charge.
How long does it take?
  • This takes place immediately.
  • In writing: 5 working days
How do I apply?
You may come to the department in person. If  you rather report your change of address in writing? Then send this to email ; or mail or deliver to Soualiga road 6, Philipsburg Sint Maarten
Please note there are consequences for not complying with the aforementioned. According to article 31 of the Basic Administration Regulation of Sint Maarten. Violation of the above mentioned law shall be punished with imprisonment of one month or a fine of two thousand guilders.