What does it entail?
At this stage you have taken the necessary practical and theoretical lessons. An appointment must be made at the Civil Registry Department in order for you to take the official practical and theoretical exam. The driving license is proof that you are eligible to drive a motor vehicle or ride a motorcycle. It is also an identity document. A driving license can be used as proof of your identity. A driving license is valid for 5 years.
What are the conditions?
To apply for a driving license, you need to meet one of the following requirements:
- You are aged 18 years and older.
- You are a Dutch citizen registered at the Civil Registry Department.
- You have a foreign Nationality and is in possession of a valid residence permit and registered at the Civil Registry Department.
- A medical declaration valid (2) months, and 1 NAf 10,- stamp purchased at the Receivers Office. (Visit your physician to complete the medical declaration).
And who is it for?
Anyone who is 18 years and older and registered at the Civil Registry Department can apply for a driving license in Sint Maarten.
An exam card must be bought and an appointment made for the theoretical and practical exam.
What is needed?
- Valid proof of identity
- Valid Residence Permit (if applicable)
- Medical declaration form
- NAf 10, - stamp. (Purchased at Receivers Office).
- Examination Fee
The Civil Registry will verify the authenticity of your valid proof of identity.
Accepted proof of identity:
- Valid passport.
- Valid national ID card.
What does it cost?
A Drivers License examination card cost: NAf 400,-
Please note: These fees must be paid upfront when you submit your application.
How long does it take?
You will be given a specific date with your appointment for the Theoretical and Practical test. Once you have passed you can visit the Civil Registry Department to issue your Driver’s License card.
The issuance of card takes approximately 2 weeks.
How do I apply ?
- Visit the Civil Registry Department to schedule an appointment to take your driving license examination. You may make an appointment beforehand or contact us , by phone Tel: 721-5422457 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .