• Valid identification card or passport
• Both parents must be present
• Are you married? If yes, you cannot do this process.
• Are you unmarried? If yes, then you can do this process.
• Is this your first child?
• Are there other children in this relationship?
• Do you already have children that were acknowledge?
• Are there minor children in the relationship?
• Do you want to follow the process for the change of name?
• What family name will you give your child?
• What is your address?
• Original legalized birth certificate if not registered at the Civil Registry Department
• Original legalized marriage certificate if not registered at the Civil Registry Department
• Original non-marital status certificate if not registered at the Civil Registry Department
• Correct spelling of names of child(ren), including commas, accents ect.
• Fee: NAF 90.00 to NAFL 250.00
• In some instances additional information may be requested from the informant in order to proceed with the acknowledgement
• Proof of family life must be established
Once family life has been determined, the Civil Registrar will begin the process for acknowledgement