Are you a citizen and will you be staying in Sint Maarten for longer than 4 months? If yes, then you will have to register at the Civil Registry Department.
What does this entail?
If you will be staying in Sint Maarten for longer than 4 months then you are required by law to register in the Population Registry.
What are the conditions?
• You must have a valid residence permit
• You must reside on Sint Maarten for longer than 4 months
And who is it for?
All citizens coming from abroad (including Aruba, Curaçao and the municipalities of Bonaire, Saba and Sint Eustatius).
What is needed?
1. Registration form (download here) must be completed and signed
2. VALID Passport (all countries) (not a copy of passport) or
VALID Identification card (Sint Maarten)
3. RECENT Birth certificate (also from children) not older than 3 years
RECENT Acknowledgement certificate not older than 3 years
RECENT Adoption certificate not older than 3 years
4. RECENT Marriage Certificate not older than 3 years
RECENT Divorce Certificate not older than 3 years
RECENT Death Certificate not older than 3 years
5. VALID Residency Permit.
Persons with Dutch Nationality born outside of the Dutch Caribbean should request an “admittance decree” from the Immigration Department. (“van rechtswege”)
6. Guardianship declaration
7. Proof of non-registry in the Dutch Caribbean or the Netherlands (Verhuisbericht)
8. Declaration Head of Household / Lease agreement /Rent Contract/ Proof of Ownership or ‘letter of permission to be filled out by landlord along with copy of their identification’
- All documents must be original (no copies will be accepted)
- All persons, including minors, must be physically present to register
- No laminated documents are accepted.
- The application must be completed and signed
All certificates including Affidavits must be legalized with an Appostille Stamp or by the Dutch Consulate depending on the country of origin. Documents older than 3 years are not accepted.
Foreign documents must be translated into Dutch by a certified translator. The municipality will verify the authenticity of your identity documents.
The form must be signed and completely filled out by the landlord/house owner/person in charge and must be accompanied by a copy of the landlord’s valid identification. A lease agreement is also accepted.
What is the cost?
This service is provided free of charge.
How long does it take?
Your registration will be processed within 4 weeks.
How do I apply?
Does family members also need to register with the municipality?
Yes. Each person must be present in order to register. Please indicate the amount of persons that will be present when scheduling your appointment.