Congratulations, you are now the proud parent of a newborn baby. One of your new responsibilities are to come to the Civil Registry Department within (5) five working days to register the birth of your child.
• Valid identification card or passport
• Only persons present at the birth can register the birth
• Declaration from Medical Center
• If married proof of legalized marriage certificate (non- resident)
• If divorced proof of legalized divorce certificate (non-resident)
• If widowed proof of legalized death certificate (non-resident)
• Copy of Acknowledgment certificate (pre-acknowledgment took place away from Sint Maarten).
• Correct spelling of name(s) of child(ren) including commas, accents, ect.
• Fee: NAFL 25.00 Birth certificate
• Fee: NAFL 25.00 Apostille stamp if document will be used away from Sint Maarten)
• Fee: NAFL 17.50 Registration form
• In some instances additional information may be requested from the informant in order to proceed with the acknowledgement
• All births must be registered within (5) five working days at the Civil Registry Department
Once all documents have been submitted, the Civil Registrar will begin the process for registration of birth