The Division of Examinations is the responsible authority and the point of contact for the evaluation of foreign diplomas on Sint Maarten. If you want to know what the level or value of a diploma is on secondary or tertiary level, you can request an evaluation.
Foundation Based Education Exit Examination:
The Division of Examinations is responsible for the Exit Examination for Foundation Based Education: the FBE Exit Examination. The composition, distribution and the reporting is done by the Division of Examinations.
Division of Examinations is solely responsible for administering the Landsexamens (Country Exams) each year for the departments VSBO-TKL, HAVO and VWO. Landsexamens is intended for everyone that is incapable of earning a diploma via the regular secondary school.
Detailed information can be reviewed in the brochure. Please note that the brochure is written in Dutch because the exams are in Dutch.
Ministers’ s Places / Ministersplaatsen
The Ministers’ s Places are (study) places which are reserved for future students of Sint Maarten, for graduate and university studies with registration restriction (numerous fixus or numerous clausus).
On October 1, 2007 the Regulation Naturalization Netherlands Antilles came into effect after which the Regulations by the Minister of Justice of the Netherlands of 15 December 2010, under number 5678825/10 as an adaptation of the Naturalization Test Regulations Sint Maarten was implemented. If you want to become a Dutch citizen, you must take the naturalization test. After you have passed the naturalization test with satisfactory results, you may apply for naturalization.
Detailed information can be reviewed in the booklet. Please note that registration can only be done during the stipulated dates in the public announcement.
Division of Examinations administers many exams on behalf of a number of overseas bodies, namely:
- Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) Examinations
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
- University of London
- Open University of London
- Open University of United Kingdom
- Monroe College
- Heriot-Watt University
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Open University Amsterdam
- Polytechnisch Bureau Nederland Arnhem (PBNA)
- Leidse Onderwijs Instelling (LOI)
- Frater Aurelius SBO Curaçao
In addition to these examinations we also administer examinations for the Educational Testing Service (ETS) in the USA. As of this moment we only administer TOEFL. TOEFL, (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is also done by direct registration at www.toefl.org
and it is administered by the Robert Ross International School of Nursing.
- Registration for January CXC examinations starts during the first week of September and ends during the second week of October, and registration for the May-June examinations starts during the first week of November and ends during the first week of December.
- Exam dates for TOEFL are mentioned in the public announcement.
- For any other exams, contact the office to schedule the test date.