The Immigration and Border Protection Services (IBPS) is a Department within the Ministry of Justice and is two-part organization, the Administrative Department and the Investigative Arm.
The Administrative Department is tasked with:
- The Legal Admission of Residency for persons that desire to live Sint Maarten,
- Carrying out lawful admission as it relates to the admissions policy and the National Ordinance on Admissions & Expulsions.
- The implementation of the naturalization policy based on the Dutch Nationality Law
- The implementation of the visa policy and their coordination with the Kingdom Partners
- The responsibility of the legal representation of the Minister of Justice in administrative proceedings
The Investigative Arm is tasked with:
- The enforcement of the National Ordinance on Admissions and expulsions (L.T.U) at the border
- The Controlling of persons/passengers/documents at and around all border control posts.
- The refusal of entry to persons who do not meet the requirements to enter the Country.
- The Controlling of the legal status of persons within the country
- Deportation of Illegal Immigrants.
To Contact the department of Immigration and Border Protection Services (IBPS):
+1721 54 30353
+1721 54 30354