Proactively influence and implement policy that leads to safe and organized (public) transport, effective and efficient control, implementation of regulations, and the handling of applications for licenses, in order to provide the best possible service to the residents of the Island Territory of St. Maarten as well as possible service
The Economic Inspection Department insures the implementation of government policy and laws that eventually leads to a safe public transportation system and traffic. For the execution of examinations and issuing of drivers licenses, for a safe and organized transportation system of for children by school buses, to an orderly division of taxi trips amongst the available taxi’s and to cordially assist tourists in general
- To ensure for a customer-orientated and effective and efficient implementation of regulations in the field of traffic and public transportations and the maintenance of public safety;
- To ensure the security of government buildings and goods;
- To ensure for the maintaining of the order, peace and security in and close by the competent authority locations designated;
- To ensure a regulated and safe transport of school children and periodic control/inspect on security of the school buses;
- To ensure for the inspection on applications for business license locations according to license country regulation (1963 no. 28) and the island regulation of 15 April 1976 in implementation of Article 8 Vergunning landsverordining (AB1976 no. 5);
- Supporting other departments.