The application process for an ‘Animal Movement Permit’ for Sint Maarten has now transitioned to an online application system.
Prior to the Application Process
Before you begin the application process, please review the conditions of import for the type of animal or plant you wish to import into Sint Maarten to ensure your application meets Sint Maarten’s requirements.
Endorsed International Health Certificates and Rabies Certificate
An International Health Certificate is considered ‘valid’ when it meets our conditions of import and has been signed and stamped by the national veterinary authority or agency of the exporting country. Please contact the government Ministry of Agriculture or Public Health in your country to determine which authority is responsible for the endorsement of International Health Certificates.
Import of Dogs, Cats, and Ferrets
For dogs, cats, and ferrets being imported into Sint Maarten for the first time or in-transit, the following documents must be submitted:
- A government-issued passport valid for six (6) months from departure date belonging to the applicant (person travelling with the animal).
- Travel Itinerary
- An International Health Certificate endorsed by the national veterinary authorities of the exporting country (Not older than 21 days).
- A Rabies Certificate (Vaccination conducted no later than 21 days prior to departure).
For dogs, cats, and ferrets re-entering Sint Maarten and have received vaccinations at a Sint Maarten veterinary clinic, the following documents must be submitted:
- Government-issued identification (passport or ID card) valid for six (6) months from departure date belonging to the applicant (person travelling with the animal).
- Travel Itinerary
- A Health Certificate issued for the animal by a Sint Maarten veterinarian (No older than 21 days).
- If the Sint Maarten veterinary Health Certificate will expire (older than 21 days) by the animal’s arrival date in Sint Maarten, the following must be submitted:
- An International Health Certificate from a veterinarian in the country you are departing. It does not have to be endorsed by the national veterinary authorities of the exporting country.
Application Submission and Processing Time
When submitting your application please ensure that:
- You use internet browsers "Google Chrome" or "Microsoft Edge - Internet Explorer".
- Each required document is in a single PDF file and no larger than 5 megabytes (MB).
- You keep your application page open for fifteen (15) minutes to allow the online portal to register your information and generate your application number in the format of “LVV-AMP-XXXXX”. If you have not received an application number after fifteen (15) minutes, please contact us at LVV@sintmaartengov.org.
Your application can be submitted via this link:
Your application will be processed within one (1) to five (5) working days (excluding holidays and weekends).