To play a leading role in providing information and to be instrumental in developing the economy by means of diversification in industries which are complementary to our tourism based economy.
Our aim is to be the leading institution to develop policies that stimulate and facilitate sustainable economic development of St. Maarten, by means of providing analytical, objective, comprehensive and reliable information in a timely and professional manner.
- Social-economic development planning
- The development of employment
- The development and stimulation of the various sectors of the economy
- To offer recommendations pertaining to the harbour, airport, utility companies and companies that provides transport and telecommunication facilities and services.
- The development of and offer support with the execution of economic regulations.