The Ambulance Service is the responsibility of the Island Government and falls under the Sector Public Health. The Ambulance Service is committed to providing timely pre -hospital medical care and transport for the sick or injured person 24 hours a day.
Our well trained staff consists of 24 members who include ambulance nurses, certified drivers assistants, ambulance dispatchers, medical adviser, support staff and management.
Our Paramedics and Emergency Medical Technicians are trained in pre-hospital emergency medical management of patients with medical conditions and traumatic injuries.
- Transport of the sick and injured
- General Patient Management
- Patients assessment and examination
- Cardiac monitoring and defibrillation
- Oxygen therapy and resuscitation
- Management of Child Birth
- Drug therapy for conditions of respiratory distress, diabetic emergencies & seizure activity
- Intravenous fluid therapy
- Hemorrhage management
- General first aid practices
- Airway management
- Fracture, Soft Tissues and Joint Management