What is Unemployment Registration?

Unemployment is generally used to classify by the department as a person who is currently unemployed and seeking employment through the assistance of the Labor Department. This service is generally provided to persons who fall within this category. However, the department also registers persons who are seeking a change in career or who are seeking full-time employment.

Who qualifies to register?
  • Persons with Dutch Nationality
  • Persons with Permanent Residency
  • Persons married to Dutch Nationals

Which documents should be submitted?
  • Employment Registration Form (completely filled in) 
  • Valid ID-card or Passport
  • Valid driver’s license
  • Valid Registration Form (from Census Office, no older than 6 months)
  • Police record (or proof of application, no older than 6 months)
  • Curriculum Vitae/Resume
  • Diploma(s)/Certificate(s)
Employment Registration Form​​​ Employment Permit Brochure​
​Requirement Form (first time)  Requirement Form​ (renewal)​
For persons with Permanent Residency
  • All of the above noted documents
  • Residence permit for non-Dutch nationals

For persons married to Dutch nationals:
  • All of the above noted documents
  • Marriage certificate
  • Spouse’s ID-card or Passport

What can you expect additionally from your productive Registration Officer?
  • The registration officer should make an appointment for you to meet with the job placement officer.
  • The registration officer can assist you with creating a resume 
  • The registration officer may ask you for additional information where needed to create your client file.

*Persons must be 16 years and older to register; persons younger than 18 years will require permission from a parental figure or legal guardian.
*Persons who are seeking medical and financial assistance are also required to register as unemployed at the Department of Labor Affairs.