Clients who are currently unemployed or interested in changing careers should register at the Department of Labor Affairs with a Registration Officer in order to benefit from any of the services offered by the Department. The Registration Officer will then refer the client to any other relevant officer within the Department based on the client’s needs. The Registration Officer also works closely with the Job Placement Officer by ensuring that accurate and correct information is available for each registered client.

 Who qualifies to register?

  • Persons of at least 16 years of age
  • (Persons younger than 18 must provide permission from a parental figure or legal guardian)
  • Persons with Dutch Nationality
  • Persons with Permanent Residency
  • Persons married to Dutch Nationals

 Which documents should be submitted?

  • Employment Registration Form (completely filled in)
  • Valid ID-card or Passport
  • Valid driver’s license
  • Valid Registration Form (from Census Office, no older than 6 months)
  • Police record (or proof of application, no older than 6 months)
  • Curriculum Vitae/Resume
  • Diploma(s)/Certificate(s)
  • Residence Permit for non-Dutch nationals
  • For persons married to Dutch nationals, the below should also be submitted:
  • Marriage certificate
  • Spouse’s ID-card or Passport

Note: Persons who are seeking medical and financial assistance from the Department of Social Services are also required to register as unemployed at the Department of Labor Affairs. These persons must actively search for employment and will therefore also be referred to a Job Placement Officer.