What is Financial Aid?
Financial aid is granted to those who cannot provide for their basic needs and that of their family.
Who can qualify?
- A Dutch national who has been registered at the census office longer than three months prior to application
- Anyone who is 18 years or older who is registered as unemployed and is actively seeking employment.
What documents must be submitted?
Among other things:
- A complete financial assistance application form
- A registration form from the census office
- A copy of passport and copy of a valid ID card
- Copy of utility bills (GEBE, Telem, Cable)
- Proof of income – salary slips, pension letter(SZV, APNA, GOVERNMENT, etc), rental (apartment or land), child support, alimony, settlement, etc
- Proof of expenditure – rent receipt, loans, etc.
- Proof of legal guardianship of minor children. (if applicable)
- Proof that the applicant is actively looking for work. (Negative response letters from companies where they applied.)
- Income Tax declaration/statement from the year before
- A valid doctor’s letter stating valid reason why applicant can’t work – Medical evaluation.
How much is the financial aid?
Each client’s circumstances are different; therefore the amount received is dependent on the client’s documents submitted.
How long before I get an answer?
Applicants should expect a response within 4 to 8 weeks after submitting their documents.
One-time financial assistance:
What fall under one-time financial assistance?
- School fee
- School uniform
- Funeral expenses (maximum $1,000.00)
- Calamities – fire & floods.
How to apply?
The same procedure for financial assistance including the bill(Performa) for the item they are applying for.