Our Mission is:
- to promote a healthy and social supportive community.
- to prevent unhealthy living conditions, protect socially vulnerable groups,
promote employment opportunities and the general wellbeing of St. Maarten’s
- to promote the general wellbeing and quality of life of our population by
means of services such as of health protection, health promotion, labor
mediation, labor & dismissal licenses, emergency medical services, social
security, community development and social work & counseling and
- to secure accessibility to health insurance and social security
To be a knowledge institute which will result in being the recognized
governmental authority for public health, social development, social security
and labor related policy and service domains.
Policy Objectives (2012-2014)
The Ministry's multi-annual policy objectives are chosen and adapted on the
basis of the new governing program (2012-2014).
- To strengthen government’s social agenda and therefor signal and intervene
in health risks, potential labor conflicts and social risks of vulnerable groups
in society in a timely manner.
- To renew and /or modify policies, programs, activities and legislation to
enhance social cohesion and quality of life in the areas of:
b. public health,
c. social affairs,
- To reduce bureaucracy by working transparently, effectively and efficiently
in the interest of customer service.
- To strengthen supervision and adherence to legislation & guidelines in
public health, social security and labor to contribute to a foundation built on
strength and decisiveness.
- To strengthen national, regional and international cooperation &