PUBLIC ANOUNCEMENT - THE COUNCIL OF MINISTERS
The Council Of Ministers hereby informs the General Public that Civil Servants have been granted time off from work to vote, as of 3:00 PM on Monday September 26th 2016, if the service permits.
Civil Servants that may opt to vote at another time will require permission from their respective Management.
URGENT NOTICE - The Civil Registry Department
The Civil Registry Department would like to inform the General Public of the following:
1. The undelivered voting cards are available at the Civil Registry Office Philipsburg, provisions have been made for Saturday, September 24th, 2016 from 9:00 am till 1:00 pm for pick up. Every eligible voter should have a voting card in their possession a minimum eight days prior to the date of the election.
2. The Civil Registry Department both locations (Philipsburg and the Public Service Center in Simpsonbay) will be open on Election Day September 26th 2016.
- Philipsburg solely for pickup of documents ID card/ Drivers license, Passport or Voting cards from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM. NO CASH transactions will take place on this day.
- PSC Simpsonbay solely for pickup of documents ID card/ Drivers license, Passport from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. NO CASH transactions will take place on this day.
3. The Civil Registry Department will be CLOSED on September 27th 2016. Both locations (Philipsburg and the Public Service Center in Simpsonbay). This is in connection with the dismantling & cleanup process after Elections.
Both locations will resume regular working hours on Wednesday September 28th, 2016, at 08.00 A.M.
Management of the Civil Registry Department apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
Manual for the voter
(Art. 52, third section, Electoral Ordinance)
You cast your vote by coloring red with a pencil the white dot in front of the name of the candidate of your choice.
The ballot paper will be invalid if you have:
* not colored red any white dot;
* colored more than one white dot red;
* casted your vote other than with red pencil; or
* adding of any additions (texts or drawings) or if the ballot paper contains an indication of the voter.
If you make a mistake while completing your ballot paper, please return it to the chairman of the polling station and ask for a new ballot paper. The chairman will for one time only provide you with a new ballot paper.
You may not remain in the polling booth longer than is necessary to complete your ballot paper.
After completing the ballot paper, you must fold the ballot paper in such a way that the list of the candidates is not visible. Before placing the ballot paper into the ballot box you show the third member
of the polling station the outside of the ballot paper on which the signature of the chairman of the central voting bureau is visible.
The Civil Registry Department would like to inform the general public in reference to the upcoming Parliamentary Elections that the undelivered voting cards are available at the Civil Registry Office. Provisions have been made from Monday to Thursday from 5:00pm till 7:00pm, also upcoming Saturday, September 24th, 2016 from 9:00am till 1:00pm.
Every eligible voter should have a voting card in their possession a minimum eight days prior to the date of the election.
In order for a citizen to cast their vote a valid identification is needed. If you have applied for an identification product please use the provisions made to retrieve such.
Below is a Dummy Ballot with guidelines of the procedure on how a vote should be cast. Please bare in mind the Dummy Ballot below is not an official Ballot and cannot be used to vote, it is only for informative purposes.