The Central Voting Bureau is an institution enacted by Government to execute the voting and election procedures as stipulated and regulated in the Electoral Ordinance. The Central Voting Bureau operates independently from Parliament and Government. Its general function is to ensure that the entire election process, which includes the postulation, the voting and the determination of the outcome of the election, is conducted in accordance with the applicable laws.
The appointed members and substitute members are:
1. Jason R. Rogers LL.M., Chair
2. Willem van Asselt, Vice-Chair
3. Cindy M. Marica LL.M., member
4. Maarten le Poole LL.M., member
5. Clarence Richardson, member
6. Migdala R. Artsen – Clarinda, LL.M, substitute member
7. Khalilah S. Peters, substitute member
The members and substitute members were appointed by national decree for a period of seven (7) years, considering their relevant expertise and experience. The appointment is based on the recommendation of the nomination committee, which consists of the president of the Joint Court of Justice of Aruba, Curacao, Sint Maarten, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, the Vice-Chair of the Council of Advice and the Chair of the General Audit Chamber.